Are you getting excited when you hear the word “Big Data”,like us?
Are you really?
Are you ready to deal with billions of records including online user behaviors from UK, Turkey, Russia, Dubai, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia?
Do you like the idea of processing huge amount of data in real-time and creating meaningful products with mixture of machine learning, data mining and predictive analytics with open source tools such as Hadoop/Spark, Kafka and Storm?
Does your enthusiasm win over your fear when you hear TBs of user behavior data?
If your answer is yes, then INSIDER is looking for you!
Insider is a digital experience delivery platform for marketers.
Accessible from a unified data engine, Insider enables marketers to leverage predictive segmentation and real-time personalization technologies to boost loyalty and digital growth.
Insider is a technology company with offices in London, Moscow, Singapore, Dubai, Warsaw, Istanbul, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Sydney, Seoul, Tokyo, Ho Chi Minh City and Bangkok. Insider was listed as one of the 100 Hottest Startups in 2016 by WIRED Magazine and won Red Herring Top 100 Europe in 2017.
Helping world’s leading brands grow beyond the speed of customer expectations, Insider is trusted by over 300 businesses across various industries including Toyota, UNIQLO, Singapore Airlines, Media Markt, Lenovo, Ticketmaster, Newsweek, Air Arabia, New Balance, AVIS, BBVA, Fiat, Delivery Hero, Dominos, McDonalds, Avon and CNN.
Our Engineering Culture:
- Our team believes collaboration and fast iteration.
- We work in small agile groups to solve sophisticated and high impact problems.
- We work closely with other engineer teams and don’t afraid to get our hands dirty with other areas if needed.
- We don’t wait for jobs, we create them. Because in a startup, nothing happens by itself. Not unless we make it.
Skills & Requirements
- Studied Computer Science,
- 2+ years of software development experience,
- Skills in Java, Python or Scala,
- Passionate about learning big data, data mining and data analysis technologies.
- Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple teams,
- Strong SQL skills, including query optimization are required. Experience working with large, complex datasets is required.
- Experience with recommendation systems and data warehouse technologies are preferred.
- You possess an intense curiosity about data and a strong commitment to practical problem-solving
- Creative in thinking data centric products which will be used in online customer behaviors and marketing.
- You will Build Hadoop/Spark processing pipelines to prepare data for user interactive analytics
- Build systems to pull meaningful insights from our data platform
- Integrate our analytics platform internally across products and teams
- Focus on performance, throughput, latency and drive these throughout our architecture
- Experience with big data architectures such as Lambda Architecture.
- Experience working with big data technologies (like Hadoop, Java Map/Reduce, Hive, Spark SQL), real-time processing frameworks (like Spark Streaming, Storm, AWS Kinesis).
- Proficiency in key-value stores such as : HBase/Cassandra, Redis, Riak and MongoDB
- Experience with AWS EMR